4.23.2010

Putting on the armor...

Epehsians 6:11
Put on the full aromor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
It's amazing to me that only 3 days ago I started this whole venture of journaling what I'm finding in my quiet time and already I'm struggling. Hence the reason I started with the verse today instead of ending with it. Why is it when you set out to start new, better habits that will make you a better person, you start hearing all these excuses to not follow through with it. I swear if you were in my head last night you would have heard every excuse in the world not to open my Bible and get into the Word. And you know what, it was a pretty convincing argument.
You see, I am a list person. On a normal day, I will have no less than 3 lists going. And most of the time they are all written down. I have the work list, which I don't know if that counts or not, but one thing is for sure, it wears me out! Then there's the list of stuff I do every night, ie: dinner, baths, homework, lunches, and the list continues. Then there's the list of projects I want to do around the house. Then there's the list...oh you get the point, I have a lot of lists.
But for some reason, when I add quiet time to my life, I come up with every excuse in the book to not do it. I'm tired, I've done a lot already tonight, the girls need to get to bed, I need to catch up on my TV shows that I don't have time to watch so I DVR them....so many thoughts go through my head.
Last night was no different. Every night this week I've been getting done with everything and then before I go to bed I have had my alone time with God. And I have to say it has been wonderful! I've slept so much better and although I've woken up late everyday this week, I've really had a peaceful week. But man alive, my mind just kept telling me I didn't need to do it. I could take one night off and it wouldn't hurt. Besides, who would know if I didn't do it. (even though I know the only One that matters would know)
But I know exactly who was behind all those thoughts - SATAN!!!! He knows I'm building a stronger relationship with my Savior by having my alone time with Him, and the devil is going to do everything possible to stop that. So, he gets in my head and starts whispering all about these other things on my list that are left to do, trying to discourage me from doing my alone time.
But you want to know the awesome thing!?!?!
I put the FULL aromor of God on and told the devil to SHUT IT! I'm going to spend time with my Father and learn more about what He wants me to be!
I don't know about you, but I'm going to put that armor one everyday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

excellent blog ... I invite you to visit my blog

hasla said...

that was inspiring, I wish everyone cld think the way you are thinking. Keep it up!

Chasing Joy said...

Hi, I just came upon you blog. This is an excelent post. I also have my alone time with God before bed and sometimes I really dont' feel like it. I also am a list person. I can totaly relate to this post. I will follow your blog and you can add visiting mine to your list if you like :-) Great Post!!!

Anonymous said...

TUTUROR Va spun - mi s-a parut amuzant, am facut testul si m-au sunat
inainte sa termin de povestit!! S-a implinit ceva neasteptat. Sa vi se
implineasca si voua ceea ce va doriti!

Oameni buni……l-am facut si………….jur ca……….dorinta mi
s-a implinit in 15 minute.

Inca ma mai mir. Sa joci nu costa nimic.

SUERTE

Noroc!

Vraja Vrajitorie

Intradevar functioneaza. Acum cateva luni am primit un e-mail asemanator
cu acesta pe care vi-l trimit si am urmat instructiunile. A doua zi mi
s-a implinit dorinta si era ceva care nu se putea intampla accidental,
adica era o dorinta aproape imposibila….. si s-a implinit. Asa ca acum
va trimit ce am primit ca sa incercati si voi. Noroc!

Va asigur ca e adevarat pentru ca am avut rezultate in mai putin de o
ora. Nu costa sa incercati…Puteti incerca si vedeti, chiar daca unii
spun “nu cred in vrajitoare, dar “se stiu”. Pune-ti o dorinta…si vezi
ce sa va intampla…Incepe sa te gandesti la ceva ce-ti doresti cu
adevarat pentru ca functioneaza…

Persoana care mi-a trimis acest mesaj mi-a zis ca dorinta i-a fost
indeplinita la 10 minute dupa ce a citit mesajul si atunci m-am gandit
sa-l trimit. Vrajitoarele iti vor implini o dorinta!!!

Pune-ti dorinta cand se termina numaratoarea inversa!!!

10…
09…
08…
07…
06…
05…
04…
03…
02…
01…

*****Pune-ti dorinta********

Trimite acest mesaj la10 persoane in decurs de o ora. Daca-l trimiti,
dorinta ta se va realiza. Daca nu-l trimiti, se va intampla exact
inversul dorintei tale…….. dupa aceea imi spui ce s-a intamplat.