4.24.2008

Now Introducing...

I'm sure everyone was beginning to question whether we had really had our house painted! Sorry it has taken so long, a lot has happened in the past couple of weeks since I last blogged. Nothing major, just a raise, lots of get togethers with friends, oh yeah, and a new job for Steve. I will save that for a different blog - wouldn't want the house to get it's feelings hurt by Steve stealing it's thunder! (Yes, I was one of those children that thought their dolls had feelings, and if I got a new doll, I had to sleep with all of them so no one's feelings would be hurt) I guess I had the signs of Co-dependancy pretty early in life!!!

Here are the long awaited pictures:
This is looking from the Kitchen to the Living Room. You can't really tell the color very well. The wall with the window and the wall going up the stairs is brown. The rest of the walls in the Living Room are a deep red. Which you can see in this picture:

The picture shows it a little bighter than what it really is. And yes, that is Steve doing his favorite pass time - VACUUMING! And this is this morning before we left for work!

This is a picture of our kitchen. I actually painted it a couple of summers ago. I just thought everyone would like to see the color of our kitchen. By the way, if you ever decide to sponge paint a room - think REALLY hard before you do it!!!! It was a pain in the you know what! Now on to Steve's favorite room - The Man Room as he likes to call it. Our deal when we moved into the house was the Bonus Room could be his to decorate. I got all the other rooms. Which means I got to decorate the entire house however I wanted and he had no say so. So, he got to pick the Bonus Room color out. I was really nervous at first because it was really dark - but I absolutely LOVE it! It makes me crave chocolate though, so I don't know if that's good or not.

Notice the missing couch? Lindsey and John came and got the old couch to make room for the new one. YAY!!!! It's comes today, I will definitely be taking some pictures of it and blogging about how comfy it is!

Of course when we made the decorating deal, we didn't realize Emily would have the last say in all the decorating!!! This is her corner of the Bonus Room. She loves sitting at her table and putting puzzles together or playing Candyland!

Now for my favorite room! This is our spare bedroom and we had it painted Tiffany & Co. Blue. I took my Tiffany box in and they scanned it and matched it up. It looks perfect!!!

Now, can someone please let my husband know we have the nursery pretty much ready to go - all we need is a baby!?!?!?

Okay, here's the deal - I would love to hear feed back from you on what you think! But only if you're nice about it. Steve and I know these colors are dark and probably won't help when we go to sell the house. Remember, I was in real estate at one time, so I know the game. But Steve and I decided we would paint the colors we liked since we are the ones living here right now with no immediate plans to move. So, if the time comes, we will hire sweet Bobby again and have him neutralize the colors. I'm interested to see what everyone thinks!

3 comments:

Jay Beerley said...

I love it!!! It makes you're house look completely different! Can't wait to see that couch though! :)

Anonymous said...

You know I love the colors and who cares if they don't appeal to buyers??? It's your house now!

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

i obviously LOVE the colors and we love our "new" couch in our living room! so you're selling the house? Wait a few years and john and i will buy it! it's definately my dream home now with the tiffany co. room! lol!