10.15.2008

So much to blog about....

...so little time to do it in.
There has been so much going on around our house, and I haven't had time to even think about blogging. I'm starting to get into my busy season here at work, so it's definitley cutting into my blogging time. I seriously think I will be slammed at work until after I come back after the baby is born. It's a little crazy for me right now.
We've been pretty busy at home as well. October is a month of lots of birthdays which means lots of fun and parties. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of any of the festivities. Steve, of course, had his week long birthday celebration. Nikki did take some pictures of his actual birthday, so I will blog about those once I get those from her.
At the end of September, Steve was having to work on Sundays, so Mom and Dad took Emily and I to a Titans game. They are so much fun. But I have to say, I did a yard sale the day before the game, and man was I tired after that weekend! We won the game and were 4-0 for the first time in the history of the Titans. We ate lots of good food while we were tailgating, and of course Emily just had to have some nachos as a half time snack. I didn't take the camera into the game b/c I could barely carry myself in, much less adding any extra weight to me. Here's some pictures of the festivities.

As you can see from the picture of Emily and me, the belly is definitely starting to pop out. There is no doubt our lives are about to change drastically! I think it is finally starting to hit us straight on top of the head - we are having a BABY in just over 100 days! It doesn't seem possible!

The end of Steve's weeklong birthday celebration, we had lunch with my parents and then went to Gentry's Farm for some Pumpkin Patch fun. Emily loved it. Her and dad went last year, but this year they wanted to take the whole family. Now, I know why! I can't believe dad could keep up with her by himself while there. There was so much to do and to see! Emily remembered everything that was there from last year. We went on a sort of hay ride -which was Steve's first. I couldn't believe he had never been on a hay ride, but then I remembered - hello, he grew up in LA is there even hay in the middle of Los Angeles? I say it was a sort of hay ride, because there was no hay, there was a wagon pulled behind a tractor with seats on it. But it was a fun ride and it showed a lot of farm land in the middle of Franklin. It's what Franklin used to be, before all the development. And it went by all the old houses on the land, which was right up my alley. And then it took us through a cow field, and we got to see some cows up close and personal. Emily really liked that, she has a fascination with cows because she sees them in the fields around our subdivision. Okay, so enough jabbering, here's pictures. And check out the belly now! WOW!

So, I think that catches us up. We did get the chest from mom and dad's house for the baby's room. And I have the crib out, so I will try to get some pictures this weekend of it all. I had a nightmare last night that Steve and I were at the hospital and I was in the middle of delivery. All of a sudden, I looked over at him and screamed out "We don't even have a car seat yet!" Then I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep for a while, so I think the nesting is going to start happening soon. I swore I was going to have everything started and organized before the holidays, but they are just around the corner. I better get started on it all!

0 comments: