1.21.2009

Update...

Don't you love how creative I'm becoming with my titles. I just don't have the brain capacity right now to even think about fun titles. Last week was lots of fun. I had two baby showers. The first was at work. We actually have 3 of us expecting. With only 10 employees in our office, that's a pretty high percentage - so don't be drinking the water at my office!!! We got lots of fun things! I didn't get a single picture - it was on a Monday and it's really hard to remember anything on Monday mornings. We got our laundry basket, cute little outfits, our bottle drying rack, and so much more. Then on Saturday, my sweet friends from church threw me a shower. It was so much fun! Once again, I have no pictures. This time I remembered my camera, but not the charged battery pack. Thankfully, Holly and Michelle had their cameras, so I will be able to get some pictures from the day. It was such a great time. We ate, opened gifts and just relaxed and talked. It was supposed to be from 2-4, and most of us ended up staying until after 5 o'clock. It's always so much fun to get together with a bunch of "hens" and just sit and chat. (that puts a smile on my face - Grandaddy always said he was a rooster stuck in the middle of a hen party - even while he was in the hospital he joked about all his hens that took care of him!) I got so many great things at the shower! Lots of cute outfits and blankets. Lots of necessities like bath stuff, diapers, wipes, thermometers, etc. We got our changing table pad and cover, so it's ready to go. I was a bad friend though, I put everything away as soon as I got home without taking any pictures of it all. Sorry! I just was really excited and wanted everything to get put away before Elaina makes her debut. Then on Sunday, Steve and I went to Babies'R'Us to exchange a few things we got duplicates of and we ended up buying our stroller and car seat. It was kind of funny how things turned out. We weren't going to buy on Sunday, we were just going to look at the options and then look at our budget and make our decision. But the stroller ended up being on sale and we had coupons for 15% off the stroller and 15% off the car seat. So, we bit the bullet and bought it. I'm so excited! It's the one I wanted from the beginning. The stroller works just like a travel system and I can use the infant seat in it. But the stroller is a smaller stroller and I will be able to use it until Elaina is Emily's age. So, no more hunching over the umbrella stroller - which makes me really, really happy! So, now for the progress report: Went to the doctor yesterday. I am dilated 1 cm and I am 70% effaced. So, he said I made LOTS of progress in the last week. If Elaina doesn't make her debut before February 6th, that will be the day for induction. But I'm having contractions on and off, so I think it will be before then. In fact when Steve came home last night, he didn't have his house keys, so I had to let him in. I was in the middle of a contraction and he didn't know, so he bent down to kiss the belly and it hurt so bad for him to even kiss the belly. He jumped back as soon as his lips touched my belly and was like - "what's up with the belly - it is super tight". So I had to explain to him what was going on. He was so excited!!! He keeps telling her to come out already. He's so ready to meet his new daughter! I have Elaina's diaper bag packed and sitting in the pack n play in our bedroom along with her boppy (Thanks Michelle!) and now I'm starting to get my stuff together, just in case!

4 comments:

Sam and Holly said...

I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!! She's making her way slowly but surely!!! WOO HOO!! Oh, by the way... Love the new pictures! Great updates all around!!

Dee'Anna said...

Hey I am sorry I could not come. I had to work that day!!! I can't wait until Elaina is here. Talk to you later.

p.s. I love the name also!!!

Anonymous said...

Come on Elaina! We are ready to meet you!

Maria said...

I love that picture of you and Steve. It was one of my favs of your session. Anyway -- you aren't a bad friend, just a busy mommy-to-be. I just CANNOT wait until she's here. I have your Boppy seat; I just want to run the cover through the wash for you first. I can bring it by one afternoon this week and leave it somewhere -- or if you'll be home I can run it by. I can also let you use my Bumpo seat too, if you want. Of course, she won't need it for a while -- until she can sit a little; so you'll have to remind me in several months. OOOOOhhhhh... I'm excited!!!