1.01.2009

Elaina's Room...

is almost complete. We got the dresser today, thanks to John and Nikki. John and Steve went to Franklin today and picked it up. Then Nikki and I put away all the clothes and hung some pictures. The only thing that's lacking is the cushions for the glidder and the valance Steve's mom is making for us. Oh, and Elaina. I guess it wouldn't be much of a room without a baby to go in it. Here's some pictures of the progress. There's still a few little things that I want to add, but I'm not going to be stressing over them if I don't get them all complete.
This is a picture of the dresser. We will be using it as the changing table, so we will add the changing pad and the basket holds all the supplies for changing diapers.
Okay, I just had to add this picture. I know the drawers won't stay like this, but I just had to have proof that I was trying to be organized before Elaina's arrival.
This is a little pillow Mom and I found while out doing some Christmas shopping. I couldn't pass it up. I think it is so cute! It, of course, will be taken out once she gets a little bigger. But for now it works.

This is the monogram above Grandaddy's chest. I love the way it turned out! Here's a closer look:

And these are pictures of several of the outfits and things Elaina got for Christmas. I couldn't believe how much she got and she's not even here yet!

I had to put a picture of this bib my aunt Bonnie Jo bought for Elaina. I just love it! It makes laugh out loud every time I see it.
I'm sure by now, you can tell we are definitely getting excited about the arrival of Elaina. Steve even came in to check the room out during the USC/Penn State game today. We're on the final count down!

5 comments:

Sam and Holly said...

I LOVE IT!!!! That dressers looks great! That means a lot for Steve to have left the game to see the room...even if it was during a commercial! haha I can't wait to meet the newest Barrios member!! Exactly one month till due day!! YAY!!!!!

Maria said...

I am SO excited for you. The room looks fantastic!! And the bib . . . great!!

Jay Beerley said...

Great room! Is that monogram painted on or is it peel and stick. I'm thinking I want to do something like that too....it's way cute!

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

I love the room! The "E" pillow is my favorite! Such a great touch!

Dee'Anna said...

Love the room I am trying to get off for the shower not sure if I will be able to come or not!!!

Dee'Anna