2.13.2009

We're Home...

So, we've been home for a week and we are getting adjusted. Steve had to go to work on Monday and Tuesday, so my sister came and stayed with me those days. Which really helped out a lot. And our sweet church family has stocked us up on so much food that we might weigh 400 lbs by the time this is all over with. We have definitely been blessed with our friends and family! Elaina has lots of folks out there that love her so much and she's only a week old.
I haven't done very good getting lots of pictures this week, but I'm working on it. We've gotten lots of pictures of all of the visitors she's had. But I haven't done very good getting all the fun ones at home.
We had so many visitors while we at the hospital. John and Nikki were the first ones there besides the family. They have been so excited to meet Elaina!! At first John was scared to hold her, but once he held her he didn't want to let her go.

As most of you know, I was induced. And when you're induced they don't want you to eat after midnight the night before. And let me tell you - by the time you pop out a baby - you are starving. It was almost 2 o'clock before they brought me food. So, Steve just had to take a picture of me enjoying my first meal as a new mom.

We had lots of visitors that first night in the hospital. In fact, it was standing room only. Somehow, we didn't get a picture of Heather from work. I think I was still feeling a little loopy from the pain medication in my epidural. It was very sweet of her to come by, I think Elaina recognized her voice from all those Sushi lunches we went on while I was pregnant!

My mom, dad, sister, and Emily came by. Steve's family came by too, but somehow we didn't get any pictures of them either. It was like a whirlwind that night!!! Sam & Holly came by and our favorite neighbors Ben & Amy came by too! And Colleen, my roomate from college, and her new husband and her boys came by. It was like a party in room 7722!

We had lots more visitors the next day and we've had lots more since we've been home, so I've got to work on downloading those pictures. And Emily has had some fun this week, so I will download those pictures and blog about those soon.

Elaina has already made her first trip to Wal-Mart, church, and to the mall. So, there's lots to update. I just hope I can keep up with it all!

0 comments: