11.23.2009

Update...

to say we've been busy is the understatement of the year! I kept telling myself when I got a break I would blog...but some how that never happened. It's been almost a month since the last time I blogged and it feels like it was just yesterday. So, here's a quick recap of what all has been going on...
Halloween:
The girls had so much fun getting ready for Halloween! Emily wanted to be a cheerleader again. And we had the Oklahoma cheerleading uniform from when Steve went to Okalhoma to visit John, so that worked out perfect. And our sweet friend Ellie, let us borrow her costume from last year. And I do believe Elaina was one of the cutest elephants I've ever seen.
We went to Trail of Treats at The Claud's church, and it was so fun. They had tables set up in the woods with a hayride at the end. Then we went to our church's Trunk or Treat. Man, oh man, were there people there! I think they ended up with 4000 - 5000 people there! I couldn't believe it!
Steve's Aunt Lori and Uncle Mike were in town from California that weekend as well. So, there were lots of projects done around the house. That another blog all on it's own. This was the first time I've met Aunt Lori & Uncle Mike, and I was so glad to get to FINALLY meet them. We even planning a trip out to California to see them and go to Disney Land.
The next weekend we went to Alabama for my cousin's baby shower. We met up at the best BBQ place ever!

We had a lot of fun hanging out with family and getting to see my little cousin pregnant was definitely worth the drive to Alabama! It made me feel very old, but I guess the truth hurts sometimes! I remember when Tara was born so it's really wierd to see her having her own baby. But her and Jeremy are going to be awesome parents. Jeremy is always so good with Emily and he had a blast with Elaina!

Tara's friends really put together a cute baby shower for her and Jeremy. Although, you know you are in the South when this is the focus of your baby shower:

Tara and Jeremy have 2 little dauchsand dogs, and this cake fit her perfectly!

Okay, I just have to say if I had Photoshop, I would definitely crop out my double/triple chins, but alas I don't have it. From now on, I must start remembering to hold my chin up, so that doesn't happen again! This was Elaina's first time wearing a hair bow, well a hair flower. I can't believe she actually has enough hair! Barely has enough hair, but definitely has a little bit.

The proud momma and the proud grandma! (still so wierd to thank of either of them in that role!)

The next weekend we had Disciple Now at our church and we hosted 9-10 grade boys at our house. DNow is where the youth group goes into host homes and have bible studies and discusions to get closer to God. They have so much fun! There's rec time, worship time, and fun time. The boys were awesome! They were up until after 5 o'clock Sunday morning & were up at 7 o'clock to get ready for church. They learned so much! The "theme" of the weekend was passion and I will be blogging more in depth about it later.

Then this past weekend was our 5th wedding anniversary. We went to dinner at PF Chang's (which is kind of tradition for us) and stayed in Nashville for the night. It was so great to get away for a mini vacation. After dinner, we went back to the room and soaked in the quietness of the night. We didn't even turn the TV on....it was so incredible!

So now back to the grind and busyness of Thanksgiving and Christmas!

0 comments: