8.20.2012

Something I never thought would happen to me....

...and it was probably the best feeling in the world!!!

Since Steve and I decided to head back to Puerto Rico, we thought it would be good to do some fundraising to help us get there this time.  So, we started brainstorming, what can we do to help raise some extra money to help us get there???  Especially with as crazy as our schedules are and with two kids in tow...And then it dawned on me...why not run the Country Music 1/2 Marathon and have folks sponsor us.  There's a website, which I'm sure many of you know about, www.gofundme.org.  It allows you to set up an account/blog and folks can log on and donate funds via a secured website. 

So, we set it up and started training. My awesome friend, Holly, decided to train with me for some extra support. So, 16 weeks of running 3-4 times per week started in February. And on April 27th, we did it!





This is us on the shuttle to the start line at 5:00 AM!  We had been up since 3:00!!!  Steve and Sam said no pictures that early!




The start line was on West End, so the shuttle dropped us off right by the Parthenon.  Thought we would stop and get a shot before going to the start.

These pics are from our view at the start line.  There were people everywhere!!!!  35,000 people really looks like much, much more!







A picture of all four of us before we get started.








A couple pics of us during the run.  We had to have proof we actually were out there running!!





And a couple of after pcitures.  Do you notice Holly & I have our shoes off???  I couldn't wait to take them off!!!  The tips of my toes were blistered and nasty!!!








 And the day after - we proudly wore our medals!!!  We were so exhausted!  But Ronnie, our friend in the middle, is a beast!  He ran the full marathon!!!!  I think I'll stick to 13.1!!!


0 comments: