2.08.2010

Elaina's 1st Birthday!!!!

I can't believe it has been a year already! So much has happened this past year and the time has passed away so quickly! We are truly blessed with 2 amazing daughters and Elaina has definitely been an absolute joy this past year!!!! It's so wonderful to start seeing her personality coming out now that she's getting older.
This past weekend we just HAD to celebrate the apple of our eye! And we did just that with an Apple of Our Eye Party. (Okay, so this is going to be a picture heavy post - so this is your official warning if you don't want to look at pictures leave now).
As most of you know, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE planning parties!!! And honestly, I think that's on the top of the list called "What I love about being a Mom". I know, it's sad, but at least I'm being honest.
The whole apple theme came to me after looking at some party planning blogs. (do you see a recurring theme? I think Steve is going to hide my laptop so I will stop getting all these ideas off of other blogs!)
So, once I saw the theme, I was hooked. I loved it because it was a little different than what I had seen before. And to top it off, the color scheme matched the colors of my house. So, I was sold!
The search was on for the perfect invite - but after several days of searching I couldn't find the right one! UGH!!! SO ANNOYING!!! Do you ever have those moments when you have a certain idea in your head, but can't find ANYTHING to match that idea? I despise those moments!
Then Holly reminded me about Regina. She's the best photographer in the world and she also does graphic design. YAY!!! My problem was solved! She made me the most awesome invite!
And of course, now that I'm trying to find the picture of it, I can't seem to find it!! I will have to update later with it because it's too awesome to not share!
Okay, I know I'm boring you, so I'll get to the pictures.
This is a copy of one of the pictures our awesome photographer, Regina, took. See, I told you she was the best photographer in the world!

A close up of the mantel. A little later, I'll show you my Goodwill finds that I transformed for the party!

This is the party favor table. This was taken before I sat the candied apples & cake balls out.

This was after the candied apples & cake balls. The cake balls were incredible!!!!! My friend Kenya made them and the birthday cake! I have to say, I have some of the MOST talented friends!!!!

The drink station. We had water, apple juice boxes for the kids (although almost all of them were drank by adults), Paula Dean's lime sherbert punch, and hot apple cider.

The food table! Look at that cake!!! She is so creative!!!

And here's the birthday girl eating her cake!

She loves Kenya's cakes just as much as her mommy does! I always smile when I'm eating them too!

And last but not least, the birthday girl in her birthday outfit!

Another sweet, talented friend made this for her. And then she made Emily a pair of pants that match.

Over all, I think it was a very successful party. Maybe tomorrow I will post some pics of everyone enjoying the party. Now I'm off to go spend some time with my wonderful family! Hope you have a great night!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really outdid yourself with her party! Everything looked beautiful and cute!