2.08.2010

Before & After...

it's been a while since I've blogged...no need to say it - LOTS OF STUFF GOING ON at the Barrios household in January! So, get ready for lots of updates! I want to start off with a new hobby I have - refurbishing furniture & other thrifty finds. I LOVE it!!!! I've been a follower of blogs that do the same thing for quite a while. But I never thought I could do it. But then my sweet friend Holly called me one Saturday and asked if I wanted to go to the flea market. And I jumped at the chance! I was SO excited!!! We looked around and all of a sudden - I found HER!!! My dream chair!! Although, I don't know that it looked much like a dream. This is what she looked like: So, is she calling your name too? I know she'll be calling your name when you see the after! In fact, she might be growling your name! Here's the after:

Okay, so here's all the details. It took me what felt like 3 years to take out 2 trillion rusty, old nails. It was actually about 3 hours to take out 200 rusty, old nails. My hands have still not forgiven me - I am in dire need of a manicure!

Once I had all the nails and old fabric off, I could trash the old straw that was used for the stuffing. How gross is that! No telling how much nastiness was in the straw!!

Then I did a little sanding, but not much since she was in such great shape. And finally it was time for my favorite thing in the world! SPRAY PAINT!!! Is there a such thing as being addicted to spray paint? Cause if so, I may need a support group! I used Heirloom White and it all down. Then I cut my fabric out and used a little batting as my cushion and she was ready to go.

I think I need a little more foam in the seat, but she'll do for now.

What do you think?

I'm linking to

1 comments:

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

That is a TON of nails! It looks beautiful though - definitely worth all that effort. Love the fabric you picked too. Thanks for sharing at the Power of Paint Party!