9.04.2008

Long Weekends and Birthday Celebrations...

I always look forward to long weekends (but I guess we all do!). Labor Day is always a fun time because it just so happens that my Daddy's birthday is on Sept. 3rd, so we celebrate it over the long weekend. Which normally means lots of pool time, lots of grilling out, and shopping. And of course, those three things are right up there on my list of things I LOVE to do!
This year we decided to do something a little different for Daddy's birthday. We went to an outdoor concert at the Carnton Plantation in Franklin. The band that played was a Beatle's tribut band, so it was a lot of fun! The kids had a blast dancing, running around, and eating snow cones! Here's lots of pictures of all the fun!

As I have stated a thousand times on here, Emily loves to dance! And definitely loves to be the center of attention! She begged Pe-paw to get up and dance with her. If you know my daddy, you know he does not dance. He never has been very big on dancing - I think I've only danced with him a couple times in my life. Well, Emily has this certain way of getting what she wants when it comes to Pe-paw. Here's the proof!

The kids were not the only ones that enjoyed themselves! My aunt and sister were in town, so they had fun. And of course, mom was there to help celebrate the birthday. Bonnie Jo and Candy didn't want in on the picture action, but I made them pose for one (notice the cooler placement). They also decided to teach Emily to put ice down people's shirts. She thought it was HILARIOUS! She went around to everyone trying to sneak up on them, but how could she with all the giggling!

Here's what I did all night:

And this is what Steve did all night (poor thing):

Hope your Labor Day weekend was as fun as ours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You've been busy! I love the new design. Looks like you had a good weekend. I missed you on Sunday!

Sam and Holly said...

i love all the updates! and the new cool design!