3.19.2008

Update...

I didn't realize how long it has been since I've posted a blog! The no computer at home and crazy schedule at work has made it a lot more difficult to update on a regular basis. So, I'll try to catch everyone up...

First things first, Emily has a new haircut! I was tired of fighting with her when I was brushing her hair, so I decided to get it cut into a bob. She was so excited, she kept saying she wanted it to be as short as Mommy's. My cousin Megan has been cutting my hair the last couple of times, and Emily had the honor of having Megan cut hers too! She looks so grown up with it - although, she has definitely become a little sassier since it's been cut!

We have also had a few snow falls this winter. I took a few pictures while we played in the little bit of snow on the deck. Emily thought it was so much fun to throw snowballs and try to hit me!!

I have to be honest though, 2008 has been a hard year for the Barrios Household so far. It seems the first 2.5 months of the year have been a roller coaster. First, our washer went out. And when I say went out, I mean gushed water out during the middle of a cycle. So, Steve and I had to use every towel, blanket, and sheet we had in the house. And of course our washer was out, so we couldn't wash them! The next week, I chipped a tooth and had to have a crown. Then, it felt like maybe our bad luck was over.

We received some very exciting news, which I eluded to in my last post. We found out we were pregnant! We were so excited!!!! We had been trying for close to a year and were starting to get a little discouraged, so this came at a great time. Then about a week after finding out, I started bleeding. So to make a long story short, we lost the baby. I do have to say if it wasn't for the support and love of our church family and our friends, it would have been a lot harder than it was. So, now we get to have fun while trying again!

We've also dealt with Steve and I both getting the flu, which put us both down for about 5 days each. Luckily, Emily has not gotten it yet. (On the count of three, find a piece of wood and start knocking. One, Two, Three....)

We've had some good things that I will post about tomorrow, or once I get pictures downloaded. My mom had a big birthday this month. Steve and I are officially married, again. We are also going to Knoxville this weekend for my nephew's birthday and Easter. So I have lots more to talk about.

2 comments:

Jay Beerley said...

I love Emily's new haircut! I had no idea that you guys lost a baby...I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope all is going well now and that you're having a great Easter.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where ya'll were Sunday! Your blog made me tear up. I know God's got some awesome stuff in store for your family!